Choosing the right school for your child
I think one of the unique advantages looking at the environment that Collegiate offers is everybody is coming at it more or less with the same commitment to a solid foundation in education. And so, by virtue of that, everybody is operating kind of on the same playing field. We’ve seen that play out; it allows students to start at a common level, but also be pushed at and able to excel...” - Alumni parent
Top Ten Reasons to Choose Topeka Collegiate School
- We treat all children as uniquely gifted, and all parents as partners.
- Every child receives individual attention from exceptional teachers in small learning groups.
- All children are safe, understood, and loved.
- All families value a quality education.
- The focus is on academic excellence for the 21st century: Not just the 3 Rs, but the 5 Cs: critical thinking, collaboration, communication, character, and creativity.
- Science, fine art, music, technology, library, PE, and Spanish are taught by specialists all year long, every year, from Pre-Kindergarten through 8th grades.
- Students excel in academic competitions (History Day, SumDay, MathCounts) at the state and national levels.
- Topeka Collegiate alumni represent 2% of Topeka-area high school seniors, yet they make up 25% of National Merit Finalists.
- TCS graduates become leaders in their high schools, and 99.4% go to college.
- TCS graduates are life-long learners.